So last weekend I decided to try and find some more natural but still sweet snacks to bring to work with me for those after lunch cravings and I found about a billion different protein ball recipes so I decided to give one a go and all I can say is WOW!
These little balls of deliciousness are sooo good I struggle just to eat one..whoops. These recipes can be changed for your own preference but I found these ones turned out so good I doubt I’ll change them!
Recipe below! ( These make around 12)
- 170g of dates (The recipe said 220g but I ran out whoops)
- 30g cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of pure nut butter (I used peanut as it doesnt cost an arm and a leg! like the others!)
- 1 tablespoon of honey/golden syrup whichever you prefer or have in stock!
- 75g of muesli or rolled oats
- Desiccated coconut (I didn’t measure this as I only rolled the balls in these)
Step 1 – Blend the dates in a food processor
Step 2 – Add the other ingredients
Step 3 – Empty the mix, roll into small balls
Step 4 (Optional) Roll the balls into desiccated coconut
Step 5 – Pop into the fridge to chill
Step 6 – Try not to devour them all!!!